More about this item
Here is a set of 5 vintage hardback books. All are a red / deep red / black / with gold - yellow highlights. They vary in condition.
They are a variety of subjects - sold as decorative shelf set - yet very readable.
All are tight binding, some have previous owner marks or plate blocks. Age wear and light shelf wear. Some with light foxing on edges - see pictures. No library copies.
All are in good condition.
Books measure: Height of tallest 8 3/4", depth 5 7/8", width of shelf space 6 1/4".
- "The Art of Plain Talk" Rudolf Flesch. Harper & Brothers Publishers: 1946. USA Tight binding. Previous owner name inside cover.
- "This is the Life" Helen Chappell White. Doubleday & Company: 1955. USA. Tight binding.
- "The Strange Woman" Ben Ames Williams. Houghton Mifflin Company: 1941. USA. Tight binding.
- "The Nineteenth Century and After. A historuy Year by Year from 1800 to the Present Time" Edwin Emerson and Marion Mills Miller. Vol 3. 1861 - 1906. P.F. Collier & Son. New York. 1906. Binding starting to crack but all pages still in tact. Age wear - slight stain on first few pages. Illustrated. fold out map. Worn cover. Mark on top edge pages. Decorative cover and spine.
- "The Call of England" H. V. Morton. Robert M. McBride & Company: New York. 1929. Foxing. Previous owner name / address. Wear to boards / spine. Binding tight but old.