More about this item
Here is a set of 6 vintage hardback books ~ Cookbooks ~ Wine. They have tan / blue / red / orange spines. All are cooking or wine themed. They vary in condition.
Sold as decorative shelf set - yet very readable.
All are tight binding, some have previous owner marks or plate blocks. Age wear and light shelf wear. Some with light foxing on edges - see pictures. Possible dog eared pages and notations.
Books measure: Height of tallest 8 1/2", depth 6", width of shelf space 7".
- "Rumford Complete Cook Book" by The Rumford Kitchens. Published by The Rumford Company: 1950. Decorative boards. Spine with wear. Binding tight. 228 pages. Color & BW photos.
- "Soyer's Standard Cookery" by Nicolas Soyer. Published by Sturgis & Walton Company: 1912. Tan boards with age, wear and stains. Binding loose. Included for variety of recipes and worn spine. 436 pages. Illustrated. "A complete guide to the art of cooking dainty, varied, and economical dishes for the household."
- "West Coast Cook Book" by Helen Brown. Published by The Cookbook Collectors Library: 1952. Decorated boards. Spine clean and binding tight. 437 pages.
- "Wines of France" by Alexis Lichine. Published by Alfred A. Knopf: 1951. Embossed blue boards with gilt spine. Beautiful color. Binding tight. 326 pages + index.
- "Cooking the British Way" by Joan Clibbon. Published by Spring Books, London: 1963. Tan cloth boards with gilt spine. Binding fragile - but still holding. Clean interesting book.
- "The Master Book of Fish" by Henry Smith. Published by Practical Press: London. No date - Introduction dated 1949. Dedicated to the fishermen of England. Cloth tan / yellow boards. Binding tight. 288 pages.